06 February 2009

Until Further Notice...

I've got two really great, 13-week training schedules made out. One emphasizes running and calisthenics, the other emphasizes strength and power.

Unfortunately, I'm not in good enough shape to use them yet. :(

For right now, I'm doing the closest approximation to the training routine that I did in Columbia (before I moved) that I can manage: As soon as I get up, I do either 50 push-ups or 50 sit-ups; then I go to the YMCA for 20 minutes on the treadmill at an incline of 1.0. In Columbia, I could actually go somewhere and run--but in Jefferson City there are no good places to run (and the winters are getting too cold, anyway!).

Right now, my run is at 5.5 mph--with a 20 minute run and 5 minute cool-down, that's 360 calories and 2.11 miles. Once I can sustain 20 minutes at 7.0 mph, I'll introduce some variety to my cardio and start training with kettlebells again. Once I can finish 3 miles in under 21 minutes, I'll start in on my GOOD programs.

No comments: