30 June 2008

3rd Quarter of 2008

Okay, now I'm organized. And I'm pissed.

The primary components of my fitness training this quarter will be the Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training's 5K Intermediate Program in the morning (my 5K time being estimated at 26:30 for the purposes of determining pace) and Dave Cotter's Beginner-level kettlebell training performed with a 1-pood kettlebell in the afternoon (3 routines, each performed twice weekly).

Rather than the cross-training recommended by FIRST, my off-day morning workout will consist of a P.A.C.E. interval run (preferably on the elliptical trainer) followed by a Combat Conditioning Workout. Also, my first activity every day will be either 50 push-ups (T/F), 50 sit-ups (W/Sa), or 10 pull-ups (Th/Su).

Finally, I have found a training partner for Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu and De Cuerdas Eskrima on Wednesday and Friday nights. I may have an open class on Sundays. I will also return to the Thursday Night Thunder USPSA shoots.

No comments: