19 July 2008

Revised Goals and Schedule

Okay, so I've been tweaking my way around a twelve-week workout schedule (taking a week off after each peak gives me a nice, even quarterly turnover). I'll break down goals more fully next year; for now, my third quarter goals are:

50 push-ups in 2 minutes
50 sit-ups in 2 minutes
2 miles in 16:00
Bodyweight of 189

My fourth quarter goals are:
63 push-ups in 2 minutes
67 sit-ups in 2 minutes
2 miles in 14:45
(this will get me the APFT badge).

After that, I will have the leeway to focus more on my strength-training--and especially kettlebell training. I should have a decent base in kettlebell fitness by that time, too, and I'll take my time developing it. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be calisthenics, followed by various runs in the afternoon; Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be light kettlebell work in the morning followed by stationary biking in the afternoon. I intend to keep this schedule fixed until January 2009.

No comments: